Friday, January 9, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's back to work I go

At the end of March my year long maternity leave comes to an end. I am extremely sad about this. Jeff and I have always said we would NEVER put Sophia into daycare. Nothing against daycare it's just not the right place for our child. However, I do have to return to work. We have some big goals for '09..the biggest being that we plan to purchase a house in Hot Springs, AR in the fall. Our plan is to spend 6 months in Vancouver and 6 months in Hot Springs. As you can imagine, owning two homes in two different countries takes a lot of money! Before Sophia I was working full time with Jeff. I took care of the books, did some advertising for one of our clients at the time and did a lot of the odd jobs around the office. I intend to go back and help with the books, I just have no idea how I'm going to do it and keep Sophia at the same time. Since we need my full salary I've got to find a creative way to do that full time and be mommy. I've thought of working part time and then finding a way (from home) to make up the other half of my salary. I have a few thoughts bouncing around but nothing set in stone. Obviously, Jeff and I will need to discuss this matter more and I'll need to do some praying and soul searching.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow... how cool to have two places of residency... what does Jeff do?
We have a nanny that comes to our house.. she has for the past 4 years. I just put some flyers up at churches and it turned out a homeschooling mom at my church was looking for nanny position. It's worked great for us! My babies are all still sleeping usually when I leave.

Autumn said...

It will be once we've pulled it off! Jeff owns a software company..if he didn't, there's no way we'd be able to have two places. Thank goodness he works for himself!

Nannies here cost a lot of money..I have a feeling I'll just have to try and work from home. Hopefully Sophia will allow me some quiet time to get stuff done.