Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A bunch of sickies

Since returning from our trip to Arkansas two weeks ago my allergies have been going crazy. Constant watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose. It's pretty miserable.

Now it looks like Soph has a cold..which means the all night sleep can go right out the window for the next week. GAH!

Last night she woke up at midnight. I went in to check on her and cuddle her and she fell asleep so I went to place her in her crib and immediately she woke up and started crying...this was after I'd held her for nearly an hour. I didn't know what else to do so I let her cry....something I don't normally do. Of course as soon as she started crying and saying "mama, mama, mama" I couldn't stay away. So I went in to rock her some more and she pulled the same thing. I had to eventually let her cry herself to sleep..it was heartbreaking but I felt like I had no other choice.

This parenting job is so tiring and so hard sometimes. Times like these make me wish I were closer to my mama so I could get a break for just a bit. I just need to count my blessings. I'm thankful for such a precious healthy girl that fills our lives with such joy. She is truly our greatest blessing!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hope your sweet Sophie is feeling better soon! It's so hard when they're sick!!